Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Travel Bags

My children don't always travel well in the car. So I did some research and found some ideas for various travel games the kids could play in the car. What resulted were travel bags for the kids that they keep in the car. We included coloring books, pencils, notebooks, legos, fish puzzle with fishing pole, barrel of monkeys, etc.

We spent one evening making I Spy bottles. These are great. We put rice in 20 oz soda bottles and added various small objects. The kids turn the bottles around and around and name what they see. I have a checklist and check off what they find.




We had a great time making the I Spy bottles. The whole family got involved looking for items to add to their bottle. Here's what ours had:

Bobby pin, safety pin, rubber band, piece of straw, black-eyed pea, monopoly piece, rock, marble, earring, ring, pencil eraser topper, penny, dime, screw, and a barbie shoe (just to give you an idea). We have more items in there than that. But I was so amazed at how much fun these were to make! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment